Developing a Dynamic Agency
Remember that it’s about:
- expanding the scope of your business
- establishing your legacy
By Developing a Dynamic Agency, you are:
- Creating an Adaptive Organization
- Building a Learning Community
We can go about Economic Development in a variety of ways including:
- Business Startups
- Social Architecture
- Community Building
- Community Services (including MH and substance use)
- Building a Leadership Environment
- Influence and Thought Leadership
- Grant Acquisition
- Delivery of Services
~to name a few…
From the disruptive shift in organizations today to the need for purpose & meaning, everything is interconnected and dynamic. Rather than clinging tenaciously to outmoded worldviews of industrial mechanization, we need a new way. Global thought-leaders have already embraced the new eventuality. Now playing in a venue near you.
Agencies of Learning
Contextually Embodied in Learning Communities
What if you are only leveraging a fraction of the power and potential of your organization?
Effective adaptation and organizational learning are afforded by Complexity itself. Very rich opportunities to harness the dynamics of Complexity abound in these conditions:
- situations of increased variety, with many participants
- numerous interactions and expanded choice
- frequent opportunities for experiential learning and trial-and-error experimentation
- access to attempted imitation of each other and our successes ( and flops)
In such a context it really benefits us to maintain variety of choice and action in order to foster continuous learning and adaptation.
Experience the opportunities generated by learning and adaptation as we harness the exciting new frontiers of Complexity; designing new social systems and improving policy for existing social systems while developing the implications for your complex organization.
What kinds of things are we looking at?
- construction of frameworks for the systematic adaptation in particular arrangements and contexts
- make clear the deep relationships among partners and holons in complex systems
- examination of the continuous role of non-random interactivity in adaptation, informatics, population and replication of contributory sub-systems (it grows organically)
- applicable suggestions, useful questions, and actionable solutions informed by complexity theory
4 Key Foundations
from the fields of Network Theory, Complex Dynamic Systems, Social Theory & Quantum Biology
Learn how networked systems of dynamic agents (in their role of multiversal parallels) can trigger self-organizing designs that work together and adapt over time. Learn how complex systems can be adaptive alongside the rapid proliferation of distributed and network-mediated computing assemblages (including the mobile internet and social media) as well as what it takes to facilitate the growth and synergistic cooperation of many agents across multiple components.
Rich & Multidisciplinary
Taking note of insights from network theory and social design into the activities of people in social, political, and economic systems we need awareness gleaned from several integrated disciplines (such as economics, sociology, biology, quantum physics, psychology, comparative literature, history and political science, etc. to name just a few) because the entire panopolis of human experience is involved.
For example, from evolutionary biology, computer science, and social design we are interested in:
- the dynamic processes involved in shaping evolutionary success (rather than merely observing and explaining); including the role of symbiotic cooperation
- intelligent individuals with symbolic interaction, semiotic language systems and culture
- various measures of the different means and representations of success (rather than just the ability to sire offspring)
- systems composed of information, people and organizations, as well as their components, subsystems and structural assemblage.
- systems with long, rich histories of success (as well as notable failures)
- Learning organizations and systems where adaptation is framed in terms of people, their lives and efforts as well as what they value and believe.
- situations where people and their organizational lives and identities can evolve over time as well as the context and environment that they frame their meaning within, and
- situations where decentralization is both rewarding and problematic, especially with respect to their autonomy, institutional reflexivity, and personal agency, as well as collective integration.
The 3 Key Processes of Complex Adaptive Systems
Interaction, Variation, & Selection
These are important concepts that are interlocking, generative, actionable, and productive in the Complex World beyond understandable comprehension. This very Complexity which makes the world so hard to understand also provides the affordances, resources and opportunities for success and improvement over time.
Continuous decrease in the costs of replication and recombination of information will lead to perpetual penetration of information technology into human life and social processes. Emphasis on the contextual forces determining behavioral patterns and modes of interaction will play an important role in the consequences of these factors.
This makes the framework of systemic diversity richer with more profound approaches toward complexity and how we should think about harnessing it.
Any emphasis on harnessing complexity is important as a contribution because it is agential rather than commanding; seeking to improve without imposing strict control.
Chaos or Complexity
the Choice is Ours
Chaos deals with turbulence that rapidly becomes disordered and unmanageable
Complexity deals with Systems composed of many interacting agents
Harnessing Complex Adaptive Systems
Involves generating a set of Concepts, formulating Questions and Design Issues about how Social Theory and Systems Research can be made relevant to Social Architecture and Design Engineering, as well as what it offers to those who want to improve our world.